2009. december 1., kedd

On me

I'm just reading the book Caravan: Cessna's Swiss Army Knife with Wings. And found a very good quote that resembles the question I ask every low time pilot I know who wants to get into Boeing/Airbus flying. Well I know we are all different, I started very late and I flew so little that I still want to fly airplanes for a while and not operate the system. But the following quote could be my – and this blog's – motto.
"This is Africa, it's the only place in the world to do things like this. It's so unusual, so much fun I just can't imagine why so many pilots make such efforts to get major airline jobs when they could do this – and do it in one of the most fun airplanes in the world to fly, the Cessna Caravan."
A FedAir pilot after transporting a few sedated lions on a relocation project

2 megjegyzés:

João Sales írta...

I've finished reading that book 2 weeks ago! Loved it! A nice piece of information on the Caravan for Caravan lovers like us! Keep on reading that bible if you're going to Maun! ;) I'm now reading "Stick and Rudder" by Wolfgang Langewiesche, I will let you know it it is nice as soon as I learn more about it! By the way, just to let you know, the link on the audi camp on the previous post is not working, i believe...

Unknown írta...

Let me know if it is worth to rad!
I've repaired the Audi link. They've changed the website layout.